Saturday, March 3, 2012

State 2012!!!!

Where do I even start state was absolutely amazing!!!!! It all started Friday (Feb 3) morning Stephanie, Nate, Jaxon, and I all went to my house were my dad made us pancakes( every time I have eaten these pancakes I've done amazing so I made sure to eat some for state) then we played some ping pong and headed to school. We had to last through third period which I could not concentrate no matter how hard I tried, I was just too excited!! Finally it was time to leave; we loaded the bus and were on our way to noodles! (A state tradition) we had a blast at noodles 14 people in one booth haha we all ate our Mac and cheese and we were ready for state! We headed off to BYU. I could hardly wait to swim my 200, I was ranked 4th going into so there was a little pressure but all I wanted was to get on the podium! (You have to be in the top 6) so guess what!! I accomplished my goal! yay:) I was third!! It was the coolest thing being able to stand on the podium and wave! Pretty sure one of my greatest accomplishments in swimming! All my hard work had paid off and I knew that I stuck with swimming for a reason! Then that night I went to the Brickoven with my family which is an amazing restaurant. All you can eat pasta... I think yes! :) The rest of the meet went great! I had an amazing time just being with the team and of course my favorite the relays!! I ended up dropping time in all of my events! It was a great way to end the swim season.

A tradition at state is to get caps from different schools, last year I ended up with 11 so this I knew I had to at least get a few, I ended up with 6 this year, but the best part was getting them, let’s just say me and my team found some pretty funny and impressive ways of getting them!

Since swimming is over I can now officially say, TAKE OUT THE LANE LINES PUT IN THE CAGES… IT’S POLO SEASON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment