Friday, November 11, 2011

The DMK


Well now, I bet you're wondering what this DMK is exactly. Well to get the whole idea behind this lets go back. A few weeks ago in my ProStart class we are assigned a burger contest, We got to pick our groups and I was with Dallon and Kendra. We started to brainstorm some ideas like a grilled cheese burger with tomato soup sauce and gold fish, a breakfast burger, and spaghetti burger. But the one that we all like best was The Deep Fried Burger! (it was my idea yay) So I can probably guess what you're thinking right now, A deep fried burger?! what are they thinking?... we then got to work on what exactly this burger would be, we finally decided on a burger stuffed with Monterrey jack cheese, with bacon, tomatoes, and onions. it would then be deep fried and injected with BBQ sauce. We got together to practice this idea, to see if it actually would taste good. The results turned out great! We loved it especially with the BBQ sauce, plus My whole family absolutely loved the DMK (which stands for Dallon, McKenzie, Kendra) The name could change Cause it has already a couple of times from the Deep Fried Deluxe to Genius in a Bun, and now the DMK. Tomorrow is the competition which I am absolutely stoked for! I'm pretty sure our burger could win and be added to the Restaurant(spartan cove's) menu!! Yay:) that would pretty great! Plus along with testing our burger we also deep fried some other things like tootsie rolls, bacon, and onions. The best was the bacon with BBQ sauce! haha anything taste good with BBQ sauce. That is besides our Burger ha! Well I will post back again with how we did in the competition, hopefully we'll come out with a Win!



so when I wrote this it was the day before the competition which was a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm just posting it... oops! Well anyways, to report back on the results....we didn't win :( but that's okay it was a super fun competition and I personally thought our burger was the best it just didn't fry as well that day. But anytime you want to try a DMK just call me up and I'll make it :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment